Friday 19 July 2013

Phoebe is out of town!

In case I got no "sound and movement", I'm at overseas...

Nah, not that "wow, good life" or "can enjoy myself" kinda holidays, I'm accompanying my mom to take a break at Hong Kong.

Since it is raining outside and I have nothing to do, I'm updating this post with the things I did so far in HK while watching the newest HK drama (HK drama fans, jealous aye?)..hehe...

Hong Kong Day 1

Took Cathay Pacific airline. It was so fully booked with 2 classes of students from China, lousy food but good movies..I had good time with the Croods and Quartet.

It started pouring when we reach hotel. The driver refused to help us with the luggage since it rained so heavily. I ended up drenched. Great service with compassion, taxi uncle.

Had a western dinner. The hotdog was burnt, pork too touch and fries too soaked with oil. When I asked the waitress what are the sauce available for the meat, she flipped my menu and wanted me to read the last sentence. Great attitude.

They provided an extra big paper which I thought it's for me to wipe my mouth, but realised it's for protecting yourself from the sizzling when they pour the sauce onto the meat. Not very gracious. I refused to pour sauce onto my meat and make my blouse stink.

Since the western food wasn't good and we didn't eat much, we went for a 2nd round.
Do you know what is this? I think my BFF snake-fearer will burst into cold-sweat. This is snake meat soup. The white pieces are the snake meat and black ones are black fungus. Snake meat's texture is like bouncy fish meat, tastes like chicken, so really no big deal. The whole soup is like shark fin soup with meat. It's my must-have when I go HK.

 I only realized that the venomous snakes are sitting beside me when I finished my soup. Maybe they were peeping through the holes and cursing me for eating his friends.

Finally, my mom wanted to have 鸢鸯 (tea mixed with coffee) so we wandered to a nearby cafe to satisfy her. We had custard bun too...the most heartwarming thing I have in HK so far..

Share some interior design of traditional HK cafe.


That's the end of my day 1. It's still drizzling..but nevermind, I had a long day and yearning for a good rest..goodnight everyone!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yikesssssss!!!! Snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hide 1 corner in fear*


    /Forever the snake fearee

    ReplyDelete