Monday 29 April 2013

First Love Patisserie

Do you like anything Hokkaido? How about Hokkaido Thousand Layer Cake? You won't regret having this cake from ION B4-63. Right, right...ION again..but it's a convenient place with all the nice food and I was looking for a birthday cake for my dad. My dad is a "traditional-cake" man who does not fancy chocolate, and I'm really bored of all the typical sour fruit cakes or fake coffee flavor cakes or super creamy cakes.

Then I came across this First Love Patisserie...it's a humble store that you may overlook when you are too starved to notice and it does not have strong baking smell like Breadtalk, or exaggerating decoration that will attract your attention. Instead, they display 2-3 whole cakes in the shelf and let you try some samples.


The girl gave me a sample poked with toothpick..you must be thinking that the cake has so many layers, the sample should be the same, but no..I think it was only 1/5 of the original cake height. BUT I instantly fell in love with the cake as the authentic and ideally sweet vanilla melted on my tongue and the crepe layers were so thin that you can just squash it with your tongue! I really love the aroma of the crepe that lingered around the back of my throat as I exhaled through my nose. Perfectly baked. I can feel abit of romance (out of nowhere) while tasting it.. Imagine this kind of enjoyment times 5 for the height!

They have 4 flavors: Original, Chocolate, Strawberry and Oreo. I didn't dare to try other flavors because I literally afraid that I might fall in love with all and have to buy them home! Each cake is from $58 - $69 for 0.9kg and 1.3kg..they do sell in slices too. They also do delivery at extra charge by SMS (24hrs) at 9870 0005 or email at info.firstlove.co@gmail.com at least 2 days in advance. Each cake is handmade and no preservatives!

I happily and proudly presented this cake to my dad for his birthday..he was quite speechless to see the ugly sides of the cake..I told him don't judge it by the look, must cut the cake and taste..

You see the layers! See how much effort to handmake just 1 cake?! It is realllllllyyyy gooooood...but I personally suggest that you let the cake thaw for about 5 minutes once you take out from the fridge so that the cream will melt in your mouth and the crepe layers will be soft enough. You can leave the cake in room temperature for maximum 2hrs and leave it in the fridge for 3-5 days.

Seeing all these pictures made me wana eat them again! I shall go and buy the different flavors by slice this time and let you know how they are!

So if you are in love or wana feel like in love, you must try the original flavor with your eyes closed and slowly savour...

Next,  Itacho Sushi. Yes, it is at ION also and always has long queue!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I want!!! As my birthday cake! Hehe


    /The snake-fearer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Original! Because I'm a traditional-flavour gal hehe


      /Still-fear-snakes

      Delete
  3. The original is the best one.

    ReplyDelete