Saturday 13 April 2013

River Safari

Finally, I've waited long enough for the soft opening of River Safari, Asia's first and only river theme wildlife park..it is just next to the Singapore Zoo, very convenient. Just take Mrt to Ang Mo Kio station, go to bus interchange to take bus 138 and it will send you to the doorstep in comfort.

I feel like I'm growing with the zoo, just that she is growing better and I'm growing older..haha..I fell in love with the zoo when I was 4 since the day my dad brought me to ride a white horse that was 3 times my height..now kids ride pony instead of horse in the zoo, and the last time I saw my white horse was 5-6 years ago in Children's World before they renovated..my white horse was sooo old and weak then, felt sad to part with him soon..why do I had to study so long to get to work and then could afford to go to zoo more often to see him?sigh...

Anyway, I'm glad that Singapore Zoo has delivered her new baby, River Safari. Although it was a soft launch and a lot of exhibits will not be ready, I went on the very first day it opened, 3rd of April 2013. I tried my best to reach there by 9am opening time but I overslept :p I read that River Safari gave 5 of those visitors who waited for the gate to open a River Safari membership..I was half hour late for it..so disappointed..I think I deserve the membership because I'm a true fan of Singapore Zoo! I visit the zoo at least 3 times a year! I can tour the zoo without a map at all!

River Safari consists of animals that live in and along the following rivers:
  • Mississippi River
  • Congo River
  • River Nile
  • Ganges River
  • Murray River
  • Mekong River
  • Yangtze River
I was sooo excited to see the famous Mekong River where they have many legendary huge catfish! I always watch Jeremy Wade's River Monster in Animal Planet, he caught all giants of the rivers like tigerfish, alligator gar, catfish, piranha, sting ray....

So here we go! To the River Safari!


"Your journey starts here"

 There are fishes on the floor!

There are fishes on the ceiling!


Colourful map. Sad to say, the boat ride is not ready until later this year, which means most exhibitions on the top right are not opened :(


Alligator snapping turtle, my favourite fierce turtle..look like prehistorical creature..

Mississippi Paddlefish..it opens its mouth wide to suck up all the food like whale shark.

Ferocious tiger fish..this is like a baby, you should see the one Jeremy Wade caught..

Big right?! 

Alligator gar



Mekong fish tank! Nice and big, full of catfish!


Cute cute alligator..smiling face

Pandastic! I'm here again! But the cashier told me Jia Jia is abit stressed out and shy so she will not behave normally..

Who so fluffy playing behind the tree?

Red pandas! So cute!!!!!!!!!

They keep chasing each other around the woods..you see the tail, so fluffy I can die!!

Naughty face

Jia Jia sleeping..I hope she's ok..

Kai Kai as usual, not shy and loves to poise..the National Geographic channel will show the breeding project of Kai Kai and Jia Jia this Sunday at 9pm called "Panda's Wild Move"! Do catch if you are free.

One thing I love about the zoo is they never forget to let visitors to enjoy the scenery while walking around the place or when taking a rest..

Cute cute squirrel monkey..they used to be outside of Fragile Forest in the zoo. Love their yellow socks

Then there is another air-con place with tanks again! So exciting! What are there this time?!

Cute otter! I remember there is one called Pedro which used to be the mascot of zoo for awhile..

So this is the tank full of Dugong (Manetee) in Amazon flooded forest. There are actually also Piranha tank, electric eel etc but I hate to take pictures of fast swimmers in dark tank..

Finally, it's the end of the River Safari so far..not many things, I didn't get to see Beavers, Jaguar, Anteater, Tapir etc..I will come back again when they have "hard opening" :) I'm still loyal to the zoo one...please give me free membership leh....

Ok, it was sooooo warm and humid, I can't help but to spend a bit to drink in their River Safari Tea House just at the entrance/exit. What would be the theme of the tea house?


Chinese theme! 

When I entered, the place was playing chinese orchestra music from Wong Fei Hong's movie..so cute.

I ordered ice kopi at $4.80..super big cup and sweet...ohhhh..love it..

And we tried their Hainanese Curry Chicken at $11.90. Great taste too, we finished the gravy until the last drop...

Overall for this soft opening, I enjoyed the less crowded atmosphere, although there are school children visiting at the same time which was super noisy and annoying, they should be educated to love animals and protect the nature. I hope they did learn something there. 

Just a suggestion, I hope River Safari can put more fans to cool down visitors and maybe more sitting areas and vending machines. It's getting really warm..

Can't wait for River Safari to open officially! Keep up the good work!

Check out their beautiful website at http://riversafari.com.sg/

I previously also blogged about Singapore Zoo with Panda, in case you have missed it.

Yours faithful fan who hope to get a free zoo/night safari/river safari membership.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment