Wednesday 31 July 2013

Hong Kong Day 7 and 8

My dad came to join us in HK from day 7 to our last day, he tends to go to the places that he's comfortable with (which we have already been to) so there isn't interesting place that I can update you all about.

Except the pictures of more delicious food.

I got feedback from my buddy that he couldn't read my blog late at night because it made him hungry...haha..it's true. I feel hungry now by looking at the pictures. I miss the food there...and nothing else. Definitely not the people.

Hong Kong Day 7

We went to Tsuen Wan to run some errands, we used to stay here previously but my dad sold the house so we stayed in the hotel, which is definitely more convenient and comfortable. Most HK houses are quite small and cramped together even though they are condos. Let alone their "HDBs".

We ended up eating desserts...the tapioca jellies are so bouncy and nice to chew...love it.




After the desserts, we walked around the market and saw fish shops..they sell albino frogs! So cute...but I afraid they are bought to feed arowana or luohan...


 Always find them cruel to pack many many fishes in small bags for who-knows how many days..

And then we walked passed this snake soup shop...this evil shop owner has many kind of wine too, including baby mice wine...I secretly took this picture while he wasn't looking to show everyone how evil some people can be. I believe there are thousand of dead baby mice in a bottle and he had 2 bottles!


After feeling unfair and angry about the baby mice, my dad brought us to an area where they consolidated all shops that sell cheap clothes. They also alter clothes here..Surprisingly, I managed to buy a cheap and nice backpack here..


 
It's finally dinner time and we decided to chop my dad for a steamboat dinner..unlike Singapore, steamboat in HK are mostly non-buffet and you got to order dish by dish at a price. 

So we took the MTR back to Prince station and I can't help but have to take this picture. Seems like Singapore is not the only place with busy phone consumers. They walk with eyes on the phone, some even have earphones in their ears which is super dangerous when crossing the road. What is so interesting on the phone that they can't wait to go to a corner and read? I don't see people so hardworking when they are studying.


Finally the steamboat place! I will only take pictures of the food that I think are interesting..the rest like lettuce or luncheon meat I shall leave it to your imagination.


Most steamboat places are super noisy, this is where people really sit down and enjoy a meal in no hurry. Unlike cafe where normally they are rushing their breakfast and lunch..life here really tough.

 sliced premium beef

 minced fish meat. I don't really enjoy this because I always swallowed fish bones.

duck intestine.

Hong Kong Day 8

Of course, we start the day with cafe food! My dad yearned for roasted meat for quite long so we satisfied him. The BBQ pork was soooooooooo good...





After the nice and sinful lunch, we strolled our way to Mongkok and temple street...

Along the way...I saw this retro mail box...


And then I revisited this Pharmacy again because I spotted another cat! So smart these cats, to stay in a Pharmacy! 

 Cats in HK are quite cool, they do not ask for petting or rubbing. They are happy sitting there alone.

And then it started pouring! So we hid in a Mac and I got myself a minion! It is always sold out in Singapore...oh ya, the Mac in HK does not offer free flow of chilli or ketchup, you have to beg for it and they will give you 1 or 2 packs with unhappy face.


Finally we reached temple street! And I saw a camouflage sitting quietly among the shoes..he's yours at HK$150..hehe...


This is the place with fortune tellers...eastern and western. Business not very good...

And then steamboat dinner again!! In fact we had steamboat every night since my dad arrived until our last day in HK, but we tried different shop every night. hehe....
 My dad's favourite again, minced fish meat.

 Assorted meat balls.

 Minced beef

 Goose intestine

 Pork intestine

OH this one I must mention, it's roosters' scrotum. When cooked, it pops when you bite on it, it's sort of powdery inside and has a texture of liver and quite tasteless. Sorry guys. But I really like the balls! I finished all the scrotum so that the roosters didn't die in vain..hehe..


Ok I shall update again with Day 9 and 10 soon! Phoebe's going to watch my favourite Phantom of the Opera tonight! Yay!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment