Tuesday 23 July 2013

Hong Kong Day 4

Hong Kong Day 4

Today we did something very religious and traditional....villains hitting! Beware, all villains!

We took MTR to Causeway Bay station. Monday, 3pm, the train is fully packed. So far I've never been in a nearly empty one like we do at Marina Bay or Pasir Ris. Don't expect to have a seat because other people will snatch it faster than you. They are trained.


At Causeway Bay, we walked to the an infamous cross road under a highway where this spot has the fiercest energy. The villains hitting process is believed to be more effective there. There are also fire station and bus interchange nearby so it was really noisy..4 aunties were waving at us to do business with them.

She was the chosen one..my mom said she looks really experience. You see her invisible hand...decades of experience. She hit the villains paper into flying pieces in just 10 secs! It's a visual confidence.

After the process, I brought my mom to the wet market just around the corner to show her really fresh seafood.


Suddenly it started to pour, we passed by this shop that cooks roasted pigeon! Must try!
The interior of the shop. Not very clean but no choice, it's pouring...the lean man happened to pop in when my shutter clicked.

 Washing routine. The basin and tea were given to help yourself.

Roasted pigeons at HK$55 (SGD 9) each! Very nice and crispy, tasted like soft duck meat and it won't stuck in between your teeth.

 Salt and pepper fried toufu and chicken soft bone. Funky dish and too much for us.
Ding ding bus that still retained the 50s' look. Stephanie Sun and her baby were on the bus advertisement selling baby milk powder. Had a mixed feeling when I saw it.

Passed by this milk company right after seeing Stephanie Sun's advertisement and we went straight it..it's a must have too!

We ordered the lotus seed steamed milk and another steamed egg. I super love this steamed milk because it reminded me of my grandmother. When I was 4 or 5 and my parents were busy selling soup, I felt neglected and always called my grandmother to make milk in a bottle for me. She traveled all the way from Redhill to my house just to make me milk every time without fail. This steamed milk really tasted like the milk she made.

 Steamed egg.

Then we proceeded to temple street at Jordan. Almost the entire night market was gone compared to 2 years ago. Life is really tough.

 The first cat I saw in HK. It has the same attitude as the citizens.

Finally we rested our legs at Cafe de Coral. It has a local food in "fast food" way.
 

 My mom had her usual favourite, ice cream with red bean and milk, while I tried a sprite with jelly. My mom's one was a better choice.

Oh ya, forgot to mention, you can also eat in your comfort there, including with your leg up.

Time to go home and rest...I think my mom will rest in hotel a lot more tomorrow because we are planning to meet the big buddha soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment