Thursday 25 July 2013

Hong Kong Day 5 and 6

Hong Kong Day 5

Didn't do much on day 5 except eat and walk around to buy herbal tea and snacks...found this number 1 rice noodle 第一肠粉 and went in to try. After that we took it for dinner and breakfast the same day..


 Chicken steamed rice on top and pork rib steamed rice at the bottom. I had to force myself to stop finishing them to save stomach for other stuff.

The skin was very thin and they put alot of stuffing. Not bad!

We rested early to prepare for tomorrow, Lantau island and Tai O fishing village!

Hong Kong Day 6

Weather today was optimistic initially.We have the number 1 rice noodle, brought our clothes to laundry and waited for the tour bus to fetch us. It started to drizzle...


 And then it stopped drizzling when we reached Lantau island! We headed to the cable car with anticipation!

 The window was wet, sorry for the orbs..


 I see the Buddha! He's waving at me sideway!

 
 I think they are having some kungfu competition or event.  See the cute tourists posing for the spirit of kungfu.

 And then it started to pour. And the fog became worse. Couldn't even see the Buddha from here.

 Finally, we reached the top of the Buddha. He seems like a dream..


 There's a park with a few monasteries at the bottom of the Buddha, we just walked around.

 Oh my Buddha...


 I like this vintage picture until I realised the monk was talking on the phone.

 Then didn't know where a herd of cows came from, big and friendly..

The whole big Buddha trip was brief because of the rain. This is the 2nd tallest Buddha in the world, the tallest one is at Taiwan Kaoshiong. 

The Buddha was supposed to face South according to Feng Shui, but because HK wanted to show loyalty to China, the Buddha faced North to Beijing. I wonder if this spoilt their fengshui.

Next we moved to Tai O fishing village near Lantau island. It looked abit like our Pulau Ubin but they have dolphins viewing! We didn't go because we were so drenched that we just wanted to keep walking. I heard from some people who went up the boat that they indeed saw a couple of pink dolphins despite the rain. So envy....










 I hate this shop. They have a shark skin at the right. HATE IT TO THE CORE.

The trip was really great but brief..stupid rain...If I'm coming back I will choose a hot sunny summer. Love the Buddha. It's really super majestic and holy..If you come to HK, you must come to Lantau island.

I got to rest more tonight already...goodnight everyone..

2 comments:

  1. Nice trip u have! I need to get over my worry of not being able to find toilet first before stepping onto Hong Kong again.


    /the snake fearer

    ReplyDelete
  2. orh...I think your worry still sustain because it is still difficult to find toilet..and when you find one, it is extremely dirty....

    ReplyDelete