Saturday 1 March 2014

Tolido's Espresso Nook

Earth to Phoebe!

Finally I can rest my mind from work for a few hours to blog! I miss blogging so much I HAVE to continue!

I realize that these few weeks with all work and no blogging, made me crave for pancakes and waffles for comfort. And thanks to my supportive bunch of colleagues and friends, I get to try at different famous places.

So get ready for a series of pancakes and waffles posts!

=^.^=

First one, lunch at Tolido's Espresso Nook!

This is a very cozy and humble cafe that promises no artificial flavourings and no instant coffee. And of course..my pancakes.. I know most of our benchmark of pancakes could be MacDonald's Hotcakes but you have to try other places' with an open mind. They do not have a strong taste like Hotcakes.




Don't know why, I feel that just by looking at the back view of these customers, they seems happy and anticipating a great lunch..

 Bite size bakeries..

 ICE CREAMS!!

 Very organized and simple menu.

 I forgot what this was...but who cares when it had such a nice presentation.

 Mocha ($5.20)


Bacon Mushroom Aglio Olio ($9.50). Extra-virgin olive oil-based pasta with garlic, mushrooms and pork bacon. My colleague said it was too salty for him.

Panini-grilled sandwiches ($9.50). Curry-based roast chicken, onion and tomato. The curry was quite good.

 Bacon Arrabiata ($9.50). Spicy tomato-based pasta with pork bacon slices. My colleague said it wasn't spicy enough for him, so he added tons of tobasco sauce *roll eyes*

Tolido's Truffle fries ($9.50). The recommended must-have. Thick-cut fries, generous mixed with premium Truffle oil, topped with shredded Parmesan cheese. Indeed, the Truffle oil was realllllly generous, the fries were crispy outside and steaming soft inside.

Finally! My pancakes came (last) with such welcoming presentation. Tolido Pancakes ($6.90). As you can see already, 2 fluffy pancakes with chicken sausage and egg. Actually I appreciate the chef's effort for preparing such a nice looking lunch for me although I had to wait so long. Love the egg, but the sausage reminded me of primary school tuckshop sausage (I hate my school days). The pancakes looked light and fluffy right!? Taste wise....it was okay...

This place was rather noisy, the kitchen smell lingered on my dress and hair after the lunch there so beware if you are particular about your smell. However, it is a nice place to relax and chat awhile with friends. The waitresses were polite but they were really busy. So you have to be patient, order your food at the counter, pay and wait at your table.

So here are my views:
Ambience 2.5/5
Food 2.5/5
Service 2.5/5
Price Affordable

Check out their website if you want to know more: http://www.tolidosnook.com/home.html

Address:
Blk 462 Crawford Lane, #01-63 Singapore 190462 

Next, Paddington House of Pancakes!! 

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment