Saturday 8 March 2014

Creamier

If you like firm crispy waffle that is slightly chewy, matched with rich creamy ice cream, this is the heaven for you.

Located in the neighbourhood at the heart of Singapore (Toa Payoh, although some said it's not), this cozy place provides a humble yet surprisingly delicious waffles and ice cream that warmed my soul.





Why do I say so? Well, I promise myself that I will try a new thing at least every week at my best effort. I went there all grumpy and frustrated over work and myself but I still dragged myself there. I was skeptical about this place, thinking that it must have been overrated when people said don't be surprised to see a long queue. Could it be another Tim Ho Wan, long queue but so-so food?

It was weekday afternoon, no queue but also no seat inside for me. The chatting of the people inside gave me headache and so I went al fresco. I ordered the recommended pistachio flavoured ice cream with the waffle at $9.30. 

I was given with this paper cup as my order number and the view of the elderly. How nice will it be if I can retire early and start to strike out all the items in my bucket list? Sigh...still have long long way to go...

After 5-7 mins of waiting, my waffles arrived. Tall and strong. The ice cream was super rich and you will be assured that it was handmade with real pistachios. The waffles were crunchy and has a unique pleasant taste (definitely not the yeast). My mood was instantly healed. The waffles were quite filling so if you didn't go with an empty stomach, do make sure to drag another person along to finish it. 

Check out their interested homepage at http://creamier.com.sg/. If you see the cat in the picture, it means it is low-peak period..haha..

Address: Blk 128 Toa Payoh Lor 1, #01-83B Singapore 310128

Next...pancakes or waffles?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love this kind of cafe, where you dont see ultra flashy sports car parking infront trying to show off who's the richer of the other. Just a nice, humble cafe that serves no-frill food that lightens the mood and lift the soul. The waffle looks good actually and I definitely will like to try. But.... errrr... got lactose-free ice cream? Hee


    /Snake-fearer (SF)

    ReplyDelete