Monday 1 April 2013

Gardens by the Bay (滨海湾花园)

I had been to Gardens by the Bay once with ex-company but I didn't enjoy the trip because it was raining cats and dogs, I couldn't wait to go home. I know I will come back again when I can really enjoy myself. Last month I visited again with my adventurous dad.

Gardens by the Bay opened in 2012, built on reclaimed land. It also appeared in Mega Structure documentary in National Geographic! So proud..it was really a mega plan by extraordinary experts.

There are 3 parts that you can jalan..the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest (admission fee applies but locals have discounts!) and Supertrees. Flower lovers, you will love Flower Dome. There are many beautiful flowers and plants categorized by different parts of the world, most importantly, there is air-con! You can bring a book and sit there all day...people who are allergic to pollen, I think you will faint right at the entrance..hahaha...because there are really aloooot of flowers! Even me, who is not a flower person, became sooo busy taking pictures of each uncommon flower. Let my pictures do all the talking...


 Entrance of flower dome. You can see how the different flowers bloom..


 The famous obscene cactus..hehe
 This is a kind of cactus too!

 梅花




 Cottony plant that we buy during lunar new year.


 Drooping flowers














Nice right?!...now let's see the Cloud Forest. It is actually a man made waterfall with plants planted vertically. Once you walked into the entrance, a majestic breeze just blew my mind away...get ready to be a little bit wet..little bit only la..if your camera is not water resistant, try not to use it under the waterfall.

 Basically you are recommended to go to level 7 first and enjoy your way down.. different level has different theme. Get ready to be educated...









Do you know that the design of the 2 domes enables collection of rain water? The rain water will be used to water the plants in Gardens by the Bay! How thoughtful! Remember everyone, reduce, reuse and recycle. You will delay the side effects of global warming.

After exploring the 2 wonderful domes, you can also consider viewing the garden from top view by purchasing a $5 ticket and go up to one of the supertrees. If you are fearful of height, you can forget about this idea..



 
 Got one smart Caucasian lied under the shadow of supertree, reading a book..

After all the walking, my dad and I sat at the 2nd floor of the lobby between the 2 domes, enjoying the wind and view of marina sea..made me feel lazy and didn't want to leave the place. We appreciate the effort and brainworks to make this place come true. My dad really loves this place, I guess he will pester me to bring him here again when he comes back home again in a few months time.

How to go home from here? You can walk to Bayfront Mrt station or you can cross the overhead bridge to Marina Bay Sands and get a cab..very convenient! If you still haven't been to Gardens by the Bay, do give it a chance to impress you. I heard the night view of the supertrees is amazing too! Reminded me of Avator movie..

Next....Bangkok Jam at Wheelock Place! Staytuned!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment