Tuesday 26 March 2013

Paul Bakery

Finally can sit down and update this blog after a sad week. Still grieving though..I guess those who had the same experience of losing loved ones can feel for me. Anyway, let me introduce PAUL BAKERY that sits at Ngee Ann City, Orchard!

Every time I took the escalator and see the Paul, it will remind me of 2 characters: 1. my flute teacher, Paul; 2. the alien in Paul the movie..
Hehe..it's a funny alien who is soo humanized. love it.

Both characters are pleasant to me, so I thought maybe I should give Paul bakery a try. The place was indeed pleasant, seems high class and I expect service to be tip top.


 Inside of the bakery. We chose to sit outside for more privacy and peace.

I normally will order a slightly expensive dish and a normal one to see whether they worth the price. So we ordered Cafe Surprise and Escargot Raisin. 

Cafe Surprise ($12.90). It has Creme Brulee, 1/2 moelleux chocolat slice, and 2 mini macaroons, accompany with a coffee, tea or cappuccino. We added $2 to change the drink into ice chocolate drink. We had specifically asked to change the drink and the waiter had almost a 3minutes conversation with us to explain the additional charges and which cold chocolate drinks we can choose from, but the drink still end up a hot one. Maybe the waiters and waitresses should reduce chatting and increase effort in paying attention to the customers. Anyway I guess they just pour the hot drink into ice and served us because it tasted dilute, I would rather have ice milo at Mac Donalds. Sorry Paul, beside the taste of food, service shows me the standard of your restaurant too.

Their Creme Brulee's caramelized layer was very thick, almost like a piece of sweet instead of something that will melt when you put a spoonful of creme into your mouth. I do not know what the traditional creme brulee is like in France, but this is not to my liking.

Macaroons were alright, nothing fanciful, really mini. 

The  1/2 moelleux chocolat slice, which I think should be the main in the plate, tasted like a plain Jane dark chocolate cake. It can be more wet and spongy, something special. Although it indeed melt in my mouth, it should increase its texture, and not something that makes me thing "is that it?". A renowned French bakery should be more than that.

Escargot Raisin ($2.80). I hope I get the name right because I was quite annoyed by the service and the food that I forgot to take note of the name of this. It looked like the Sultana Croissant in Delifrance (without the cherry in the middle). Paul's Escargot Raisin is full of raisin and is wet enough for me, although it was quite sour because of the overwhelming raisins. Overall, not bad. 

I think people enjoyed more of Paul's bread and sandwiches, and the ambience of the bakery. Will hope to try them out some day. 

Here are my views:
Ambience 3/5
Food 2.5/5
Service 2/5
Price Slightly steep
Toilet Availability 0/5 (please use Ngee Ann City's toilets)

Address:
391 Orchard Road
#03-16/16A/17 Ngee Ann City
Tel: 68365932

Next, Gardens by the Bay! Do stay tuned!

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment