Monday 6 May 2013

Itacho Sushi

I love Japanese food, not because it has so much raw meat that most of the other cuisines do not have, but the presentation of the food enhances my appetite and increases my expectation of the taste, which normally does not disappoint me too much. They put in so much effort to beautify the dish to make me feel that they prepare it specially just for me.

This time since my mom came to ION with me (which is a super eclipse-rare case), we went to try out Itacho Sushi. One thing that I've to tell you: be prepared to queue. However, it didn't take that long for our turn, about 10-15mins and we were brought to nice cushioned seats.


 I took this picture at where I was queuing, still quite far.

 

 I totally could not make up my mind on which one to order, I wished I can order all.

 While waiting, I read on how to eat sushi in authentic way, from then on I have been eating like that.

The food came really quick and the service was efficient too. The background music of that place did not disturb my conversation with mom and give me migraine. Another plus point. So service and ambience seem okay, how about the food? Be warned, prepare a napkin to wipe your drools..they are all so tasty and creative!

 Left: Salmon Lobster Salad Roll ($3.60); Right: Lobster and Mango Salad Roll ($4.50)

 Left: Surf Clam Sushi ($2); Middle 2: Salmon Sushi ($1.20); Right: Scallop Sushi ($2.60)

 Cream Croquette ($3.70)

 Salmon Sashimi ($3.60)

 Fatty Tuna with Spring Onion Roll ($7.00)

 Spicy Salmon Sakura Shrimp Inari with Ebiko ($1.90)

 Roasted Eel Sushi ($2.80)

 Roasted Kagoshima Wagyu Beef ($4.80). Apologies, I didn't manage to take picture of this because it looked really tasty and I couldn't wait to pop it into my mouth. It was indeed good!

 Deep Fried Shrimp Gyoza with Grean Tea Salt ($2.40)

 Hokkaido Pumpkin Tempura ($4.50)

 Roasted Eff with Tobiko and Corn ($3.20). Like this dish alot, the egg was slightly sweet, texture was soft and layered, when you chew it you will get the popping from fish eggs and corn.

 Deep Fried Chicken with Citrus Junos ($6). Not greasy or too hard at all!

Avocado Tuna Salad with Cheese Roll ($2.50)

We finished all plates as soon as it arrived. So satisfied and full..I will definitely come again when there is no queue to try out other dishes. You don't have to worry that you can't finish the food if you come alone because most of the dishes are for 1 pax like the Surf Clam Sushi and Roasted Kagoshima Wagyu Beef sushi. 

So here are my views:
Ambience 3/5
Food 3.5/5
Service 3/5
Price Slightly steep but affordable
Toilet Availability 0/5 (please use ION's toilets)
Address:
2 Orchard Turn
#B2-18 ION Orchard
Tel: 65098911
:
Sun - Thu: 11:00 - 22:00
Fri - Sat: 11:00 - 23:00 
So if you are around the corner and feel like eating Japanese, do give Itacho a try! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wah that's quite alot of food for 2 pax! But food is nice company is right, everyone will have a good appetite!


    /still-the-snakes-fearer

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. we were starving that night so the food was just nice. After that we still went for coffee! Ya the food was great, mom in good mood, everything was perfect.

    ReplyDelete