Saturday 16 March 2013

Farewell my dearest Ah Gong

Totally couldn't sleep last night, my brain was so overwhelmed by everything despite how much I told myself to calm down and my heart just beat so fast throughout the entire night.

Without a single wink, I went to my best poly friend's wedding at chijmes this morning, so happy for her! Until I received a call from my uncle that my Ah Gong was unstable and might leave anytime. He fell down again and admitted into NUH for less than a week..he was still smiling and holding my hand last evening! I decided to leave the ceremony and rushed home. Ah Gong already left.

I really wish that it was just a nightmare but it wasn't. He is really gone, and later on we will be separated by the coffin glass, then later we will have to see him being sent into cremation hall and by then, we really really no longer able to see or touch him. This year I will not receive birthday blessing from him, and I will never see him for our future lunar new year dinners. Within a year I've lost an uncle and one and only Ah Gong.

It is really tough.

I'm glad that I was able to spend more time with him during this period, every second was a gift.

For the following 1 week I will be sending Ah Gong off for his last mile, so I won't be able to update soon. Thank you everyone who has sent your condolences. I appreciate that very much.

xoxo

P.S. Ah Gong, in case you can surf my blog from above, thank you for remembering my birthday, buy me roasted chicken whenever I visit, open durians for us to eat, joke and laugh with us. You are finally free from sufferings now! Do pop by my dreams when you are free. Miss you!


1 comment:

  1. Never easy to lose a dear one. If Ah gong can surf from above, u need a English-to-Cantonese translator ;P

    /Jovin

    ReplyDelete