Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Merry Men

Had a very enjoyable quarterly gathering with my polytechnic BFFs (yes! after graduating for 11 years!) at The Merry Men last Thursday evening. We met up at Clark Quay MRT and we walked alllllllll the way to Robertson Quay, near River View Hotel...everyone was complaining about hunger, sweating, heavy bags and we totally had no idea how long more we had to walk.

Luckily we have a guy who has the sense of direction..thank you Raymond (who helped us take our group photos also). He's the groom-to-be of one of my BFFs, Crabbie. Congrats once again..

Finally, we reached The Merry Men.



I thnk the black and white tree is their trademark.


We stared at the cute menu..

And then we ordered like there is no tomorrow.

Aglio Olio


Sausage Platter

Lamb Pork Rack

(Sorry, I was so hungry that I ate the truffle pizza before any photo was taken)

Lava cake

Tiramisu


Overall, I find The Merry Men a good place to chill, it is cozy, quiet and the prices are reasonable. The beer is great, low background music and the lights are not too bright. However, I'm quite concern about the number of toilet cubicles at that place, for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and lactose intolerance like me, I was praying hard...

Anyway, the hot food were great! The lava cake was delicious! The Tiramisu can be more wet with alcohol or equivalent...We paid for less than $200 in total (for 6 mouths). If you are Maybank credit card holder, you will get a discount, but better ask first in case you read this 6 months later.

So here are my views:

Ambience 3.5/5
Food 4/5
Service 4/5
Price Reasonable
Toilet availability 2/5 (but it was very clean!)

The address of The Merry Men is:
86 Robertson Quay, #01-02 (S238245)
(below Robertson Blue condo, opposite river from River View Hotel)

Opening Hours:
Mon to Thur – 5pm till 12am
Fri – 3pm till 1am
Sat – 3pm till 2am
Sun – Brunch 11am till 4pm
Dinner 4pm till 12am

There is Live Acoustic Band on every Wednesday & Saturday

You can also do an online reservation at http://bythemerrymen.wordpress.com/

Stay tuned for my visit to the World Largest Oceanarium and my high tea at The Bosses!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Pork chop, not lamb chop =p

    And the anonymous is the credit card holder =0

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, credit card holder anonymous, I've edited the name to port rack liao...

    ReplyDelete