Thursday 20 December 2012

Menya Musashi

After my gym, we went for a dinner at Menya Musashi at Thomson Plaza. The restaurant looked like they are selling expensive food but after we checked out the menu, the food are actually affordable so we went in.


The restaurant was in a samurai swordsman theme, with all the drawn pictures of brave swordsmen on the wall. Then I realized this restaurant was named after a legendary samurai, Miyamoto Musashi, who was famous for his double sword style.


This restaurant not only has interesting theme, it also has interesting ramen soup base: red, black and white. The signature soup base is white, which was cooked with alot of pork bones, so the soup is creamy and tasty!

We ordered Tokyo Akiba Curry Ramen at $14.90

 Baked Tongari Cheese Rice at $5.90

and Dokko Hotate (Scallop) at $5.90

I thought the cheese baked rice will not be enough for me so I ordered the hotate as my side dish, but I was actually very full after the baked rice (the plate is as big as my palm). The cheese melted into the baked rice and I had to twirl the sticky cheese with my spoon, looked sooooooo tempting..and it tasted as good as it looks. The curry ramen was also very delicious, with shabu shabu beef and thinly sliced onions and the noodle texture is like our chinese chor bee hoon, light and bouncy.

Another special thing that I've noticed, I was seated very near to the kitchen, the chefs inside were always shouting a command or something while they are cooking noodles and the rest of the chefs will follow. So I asked the waiter what was it for. Apparently, when the chef served the noodles, he will make the noise that samurai swordmen made. Don't know whether it is the real reason. Anyway, who cares when the food is tasty, right?

So here are my views:
Ambience 3.5/5
Food 4/5
Service 4/5
Price Reasonable
Toilet availability 0/5 (you can use the Thomson Plaza public toilets though)

Will definitely going back again after my future gym sessions.

The address for the Thomson Plaza branch that I've visited is:
301 Upper Thomson Rd #01-112 Singapore 574408
Tel: 6554 7120

Check out their website at http://www.menyamusashi.com.sg/

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment