Monday 31 December 2012

New Year's eve - Matte about Shimmers

Sorry that I didn't wish everyone merry christmas previously, I was busy studying for my driving final theory test...age is really catching up on me and studying is not as easy as last time. My brain just does not register what I've read! Anyway I've passed!

I hope everyday had an enjoyable christmas last week, at least a good rest if you do not celebrate ya? I had a great christmas eve dinner with my darlings, especially when Ros (the host, she always so hospitable) cooked personally for us! Yummy! 


 You should see the way she made tempura..so PRO! She attended tempura cooking class and she made her teacher proud, the tempura turned out to be exactly like restaurant standard, no doubt about it. She also made a big bowl of salad (sprinkled with breadcrumbs somemore!), fried bee hoon and bought roasted chicken.

Shiok...and of course, we drank alot of apple cider, ice wine and moscato, together with Jovin's great fruit pie from Fruit Paradise (stupid me went there empty handed!)..my christmas dinner can never be better than this, seeing friends being healthy and being there for me. I wish them all healthy and happy always. Same goes to you :)

So, we have survived the doomsday last week, Christmas, and now it's New Year. Seems like human species still have a long way to go before the real doomsday arrives. What have you accomplished this year? Let's not talk about what we have lost or NOT accomplished, it will be very depressing. So any plans for the coming year? Tour, buy a car or flat, make babies, change new job?

My plans are normally quite spontaneous..like one day I saw Yamaha flute was on sale! I just bought it and started taking flute lesson at Elite music school...hahaha...or the boating lessons were on Groupon, I also bought it and forced myself to drive a boat over the weekends, totally soaked and exhausted..BUT I had fun and I finally able to read music notes, play Danny Boy, understand marine jargon and berth a boat! Too bad, a skipper should not be someone who get seasick easily...which is me.

This year, the only thing I can think of accomplishing is to get a driving lesson. Ya ya...I know most of you have it already, but it's quite a big deal to me because it's time to judge myself how good am I in learning at my 30s. I know I'm not bright, so I worked harder than other kids in class, but now, I need to work EXTRA hard because of my age..

Hmm..and then what? I also want to have better skin, better figure, smoother hair..hahaha...earn more money, go to more restaurants and places so that I can share with you, get a better point and shoot camera...all very materialistic right?

See! I've even colored my nails for christmas and new year, very vain right?! Forgot to share with you..(Guys can go and watch tv now) Anyway I'm NOT a pro in coloring my nails, I'm just those who save money in manicure but still want colored nails. I'm sure you can do better than me..
Christmas nail colors I put on was Juicy Cocktail gradation nail colors that I bought from Qoo10 (formerly GMarket), it comes in 3 colors, pale purple, purple and dark purple..what I like is the purple and dark purple are shimmery and they are cheap. I bought it at less than $10 but the delivery took about 3-4 weeks.


New Year nail color (now) I put on is OPI's Shorts Story and China Glaze's Matte Magic (top coat) that I bought from Tammy, she's super friendly and efficient. Most importantly, she's a trustable seller and the brands she carries are authentic and affordable too. If you get from normal manicure shop, they sell OPI at $21 or metro at $16. Tammy sells them at about $10 - $12, depending on the brand and color, and deliver to you within a week!

I know I'm too old for hot pink (but I still want to have it), so I mattify it with China Glaze's Matte Magic. It gives my nails a matte finish and dries the coatings faster than normal top coat.

Hope you can have the chance to play with matte top coat, it is indeed very unique and so far, it is not common yet. I know it is fashionable now to do pokka dots, but I'm too lazy to do it :p

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Aiyoh don't worry about going there emptyhanded lah, the main thing is being there to share great food mah! Ros' cooking is really good, I even misses her tempura and beehoon now!

    A new year, a new beginning. Your wish this year is to get a driving license, my wish this year is to get a great man who deserves my love. Haha! Anyway happy 2013 year to u darling! I am really glad I always have my 2 shrines whom I know will always be there for me; you and Ros. Muaks! Hee

    /the snake fearer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring me along for boating... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...haven't get license yet..

    ReplyDelete