Monday 27 October 2014

Wheeler's Yard

Bicycle lovers..this is the place for you...

 Front view
Back view

Located at Lorong Ampas (somewhere at Balestier near Shaw Plaza), you don't need a car to have this interesting meal.



All these are for sale, so do look around...

 The interior is overwhelming...every table has a bicycle on it.

 Wheeler's carries headset too.

 Batman no longer drives his automobile. Notice the bicycle frames at the background on the wall? The yellow ones actually make up a big W. I think the frames are kind of sharp...


 Pastries. Yum....

We had our lunch, coffee and dessert there..as my dear friend is a bicycle fanatic and businessman, he totally entertained me throughout the lunch with his stories enthusiastically..Yes, I can feel it with all the bicycles hanging around. If I don't, I afraid one of them will fall on me and rip me into half as punishment.

I was there on a Friday around 4pm. Waiting time was around 15 minutes for my fish and chip to come.

Fish and Chips ($18.90) Bartered haddock fish fillet served with fries and homemade tartar sauce. Don't be deceived by the look, the fish is actually crispy and there are alot of herbs on the thin crust, totally didn't feel sinful finishing the crust. The chef knows how to get rid of the fishy smell and yet able to retain the freshness and fragrance of the fish. Frankly I'm not a fries fan but the fries were not soggy and definitely not re-fried, I quite like them.
Beef Stew ($24.90). Classic slow cooked beef stew served with creamy mash sauteed greens and merlot sauce. The beef was so soft and juicy. The gravy was so delicious, if only there was some bread to dip in. The mash potato really melted on our tongue..yum..The asparagus were really fresh, crispy and not overcooked.

Cappuccino ($5) was watery but it was so aromatic that the aroma still lingered in my mouth for awhile. Notice the 2 old school biscuits beside the cup? If you are not from my era (born in the 90s and after) , suggest you take them after finishing the coffee because they are extremely sweet.

Marble Cheese cake ($6) was rich and thick but yet still melted in my mouth. It was really great for kids and for cheese cake beginners.

The waiters and waitresses were young, lively and well mannered who always had smiles on their faces. Maybe their boss should wear a smile too.

Be reminded that the kitchen closes at 5pm on breakfast menu and opens at 6pm for dinner menu.

So here are my comments:
Ambience 2.5/5
Food 2.5/5
Service 2.5/5
Price Affordable. The cake is good.
Washroom 2/5 (Unisex cubicles)

Check out their website at http://wheelersyard.com/.

Photos taken using my baby Sony RX 100 MIII.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. The photos are nice! The food rating is 2.5/5 ah... so... ok-ok only?

    /SF

    ReplyDelete