Sunday 12 October 2014

Au Petit Salut

As promised, I will show some pictures using Sony RX 100 MIII food mode. This time I went to Au Petit Salut at 40C Harding Road to give my BFF a birthday treat!


 Al Fresco..peaceful.

 This french restaurant is rather elegant, secluded and quite romantic...


The service of Au Petit Salut was good, the waiter told us what were the beverages of the day, the recommended cut, the current promotion and so on, so that we do not miss any good deal..

As you can see, the food mode provides the depth of field..making the bread looks soft and fluffy, like cotton.

Lobster Bisque ($18) was delicious, not too salty and obviously brewed with many lobsters, rich but light. However the tarragon ravioli was slightly tough.

 Pommes Frites ($8) as sides. The portion was very generous.

Crispy French duck leg confit with brussels sprout, fresh pomegranate and verjuice ($40). The duck meat was juicy, tender but slightly salty. The skin was crispy.

Seafood Platter ($48) with seared black cod, Hokkaido scallop, king prawn, squid ink couscous, citrus and pastis froth. This was an interesting dish. The couscous was crispy and bouncy, I quite like it. The orange sweet potato paste (I think) pleasantly melted in my mouth and lingered on my tongue...The froth sent an exciting thrill to my tongue and woke my senses too. The seafood were fresh...This dish worth a try.

Finally, I would I miss dessert? This is Fondant ($18), a warm melted Valrhona 70% chocolate cake, green apple puree and pistachio. The vanilla ice cream was light and fragrant, the cake was crispy outside, melting inside. The chocolate was not bitter and not sweet at all. Great to have a BFF to share the joy together :)

So here are my comments:
Ambience 3/5
Food 3/5
Service 3.5/5
Price Steep but worth a try
Washroom 3/5

Next, The Wheelers!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! Yah the angmoh wanton (ravioli) abit tough... but the bisque was nice ;) And the chocolate molton cake... oooooooohhhhhhh...


    /Snake fearer the BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh btw the bread looks so dreamy in the photo haha!

    ReplyDelete