Thursday 19 June 2014

The Bravery

Life is full of ups and downs. If life is easy, we may never realize true peace and happiness, let alone simple joy. This goes the same to work...it can be stressful, disheartening, but my colleagues are really great. They somehow keep me going at work.

Everyday I will look forward to lunch time when we can talk nonsense, steal each other's food and give ratings..and when we feel down, we will walk slight faster and further to try out new food, hopefully it can provide us with some comfort.

One day, I suggested trying out The Bravery after our quick plain lunch because it has pancake and pancake can cheer me up. The place is easy and hard to find. Easy is because it is just along the road to Jalan Besar Stadium. Hard is because it has no signboard..it literally took us some courage to walk in the place with fingers crossed.

The door is the one with golden panel. Behold.....the interior is surprising....

 It is plain, untouched and the table reminded me of school days..

 The counter is small and humble... so is this the right place?


Yes! I've verified by looking at the very very simple menu...

Lavender Latte ($5.50). This latter really fragrant! It indeed has lavender and the coffee was heartwarming...not too sweet, really pleasant. I will recommend this if you like different kind of latte.


Double Espresso/Long Black ($4) - This coffee is really aromatic...coffee lovers, you may like this..

I proudly announce that this is my A-list pancake..Pancake Stack ($15) with bananas, ricotta cheese, honey and crushed pistachio. I topped with honeycomb at $3. The banana wasn't too sweet, the pancake was really fluffy, light and had an after taste linger at the back of my throat when I exhaled through my nose..the honeycomb....was really like hitting the bonus when you play Arkanoix...small but precious.. Just be sure you go with empty stomach, otherwise 4 of you may not even be able to finish these 3 pieces of wonderful pancake.

Oh, as for the ambience, unlike other small pancake/waffle places, this place was pleasantly peaceful..not sure about evening time. You don't need to wear very nicely to come here for this nice pancake..just be simple and come with an open heart.


I have found my pancake =^_^=

No comments:

Post a Comment