Saturday 23 February 2013

Monster Curry

Was loitering at ION orchard and did not have any idea what to eat at all until I saw this logo with comical dragon that has 7 heads at ION basement.. so cute!! Orange color somemore ^^  I always like dragons and I believe they existed..but I prefer them to have wings..hehe..Anyway that's out of the point.

All heads are smiling and look so "steady", like they know they have good curry..

 The name also sounds promising..so I told myself I have to try.

The way they work is you have to order and pay first outside before they bring you to your table. I was seated in a "cubicle", the partition was quite high. I like the privacy and won't be affected by the noises other tables make. Old already, noises give me migraine..I prefer to have peaceful meal.


Like traditional Japanese restaurants, they displayed the dishes vertically at the counter..do you know that these displayed dishes are not made from real food? Do check out in youtube on how these are made. The plate so big right! Real or not?! 

So I ordered Mountain Monster Curry that has my favorite sausages, and pork katsu (fried pork), pork shabu shabu (pork thin slices) and chicken karaage (fried chicken cubes) at $24.

They have spice level of 1 to 5. I ordered 3 (hot) to "test water"..let's see..

My order finally arrived and the plate was indeed huge!! How to finish??!!

  You see my hand compared to the plate! I bet the plate is bigger than my butt!

You see the red sauce in the curry? They are the spice in the curry..hot! I don't think I will spend another $24 to take the spice level 5..

Really cannot finish the plate although we had 2 pax, so in the end we packed the remains..

Overall here's my view:
Ambience 2.5/5
Food 3/5
Service 3/5
Price Slightly steep
Toilet Availability 0/5 (please use the 5 stars ION toilets)

I will I may go back if I win lottery..ahahaha..it is quite a luxury..

If you are Japanese curry fan, do give it a try. 

Check out their website at http://www.monstercurry.com.sg/ for other outlets.

I will post another curry rice place next!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment