Saturday 23 November 2013

Boon Tong Kee

I guess this place is no stranger for chicken rice lovers. Although I'm not a chicken rice fan, I do go there for their cantonese dishes, which I think is much better than their chicken. Their chicken is somehow, erm, overrated. BUT the rice is great.


 Al Fresco - quite warm to sit outside, plus I really don't like to eat along the road with the noisy cars driving by..


 Indoor

They have 2nd floor as well. By 6pm, the place is fully packed already, so do go there as early as 5.30pm sharp.

After some argument with the waitress who doubted that I can finish so many dishes, I finally ordered 4 and forced her to shift me to a bigger table. I get agitated easily with waitress who likes to warn me how much I can eat. Unless I ask about the portion.

 Poached chinese spinach with assorted eggs ($10). Basically, spinach cooked with normal eggs, salted eggs and century egg. The gravy is nice to eat with rice, slightly salty because of the salted egg.

 My favorite crispy beancurd ($6). They are served with mayonnaise. The skin is thin and crispy, very slightly salty, the toufu inside is sooooo soft and smooth..

 Their signature boiled chicken ($5). Comes in different amount, this is the smallest, enough for 2 pax.Taste common, I think it's the sauce that helps. Oh, and also their chilli sauce. Spicy and fragrant.

 Fried egg with shrimps ($12). Not alot of shrimps, quite oily. Not impressive.

Really, they have very tasty rice. So it's not really a wasted trip.

BUT..one thing that I dislike about this restaurant is they still sell shark fins soup, and they display shark fins in their shelves with pride.


I can never highlight enough how brutal the process is to get shark fins. If you have no clue about how these fins are achieved, please refer back to my old post - I'm FINished with FINS, too.

Please people, stop eating shark fins soup. It is toxic and it is cruel. We are human with high intelligence, so make the right choice and be humane. Eating shark fins soup is no longer an act of luxury enjoyment, it is an act of ignorance and inhumanity.


Even my cat is FINished with FINS.

So here are my views:
Ambience 2.5/5
Food 2.5/5
Service 2.5/5
Price Affordable
Toilet Availability 1/5

Address:
399 /401 /403 Balestier Road
Singapore 329801

Telephone number:
6254 3937 / 6256 0138

Check out their website at http://www.boontongkee.com.sg/

1 comment:

  1. I'm FINished with fins too!


    /snake fearer

    ReplyDelete