Sunday 26 May 2013

The Marmalade Pantry

Let's continue on my early birthday treat from my bff! The night got more excited with the dinner at The Marmalade Pantry at the Stables! First Lush Spa at polo club, then dinner at the stables...hahaa..I guess the theme is about horses this year...anyway horses are very loyal and majestic animals, I love them! Bff and I are animal lovers so we are not those who make lot of noises when we smell horse poo or pee..however because the spa and dinner were during the evening time, I didn't get to see any horse but I heard some neighing! Felt really great already to be close to nature and animals..


Marmalade Pantry also has a branch at ION but this branch at the Stables is a very private and better ambience one. You won't see shoppers walking around you, stare at your food and judge you.

 This is alfresco, abit darker but added romance to the ambience..not sure if there were mosquitoes or not..
This is the crowd on a Thursday evening..very peaceful and pleasant with no kids crying or noisy gathering. The background music was soft and new age. Great for lovey dovey or first date..we were starving so we ordered quickly with the friendly and approachable waiter's recommendation based on our preference.

 Crab Cesar with pine nuts and parmesan ($22)
The salad was really moist and the lettuce were fresh and crispy. There were big pieces of breadcrumbs which I think they made it themselves and not bought from supermarket..the crab slices were real crab meat and not those conventional red and white sticks..the salad was quite filling, so I suggest that you share it with a friend unless you only take salad for dinner. 

Hazelnut King Prawn with potato rosti, sweet chili jam and herb salad ($32)
My bff's choice for dinner..so little right?! But this dish was really good! The rosti was crispy and not greasy, the prawns tasted smokey and the texture was bouncy and not powdery, it's like you were eating it right out of the sea..

Steak and egg on a skillet with smashed peas ($38)
I love the look of the sunny sides..but I prefer the yolks to be slightly uncooked and oozing out when poked. The steak was tender and nicely done (medium rare). It wasn't as burnt as it looked from the picture, it was actually the seasoning coat got caramelized..the meat was not oily too, so you won't feel "cheated" that you paid for the layer of fats..hehe..

Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake ($8)
From the name you will think that the cheesecake will be too sweet or salty right? Actually it was not! It has just a hint of salt and the caramel aroma lingered at the back of my throat when I exhaled through my nose. The cake melted in my mouth once popped in..really heartwarming eating it..thank you bff for bringing me here!

So here are my views:
Ambience 4/5
Food 3.5/5
Service 3.5/5
Price Slightly steep but worth it
Toilet Availability 3/5 

Address:
55 Fairways Drive Singapore 286846

Telephone: 6467 9328
Reservations: +65 6467 7748

Operating hours:
Tuesdays to Fridays 3.00pm to 11.00pm
Saturdays and Sundays 10.00am to 11.00pm
Closed on Mondays

If you are keen, check out their website at http://www.themarmaladepantry.com.sg/stables/. It has classy horse photos!

Next, TIM HO WAN! Does this michelin star dim sum worth our 1.5hrs of queuing? Stay tuned!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I so miss that place... not that food is god-damn-it fantastic but it just has that lomantic ambience especially the dark, smell-like-dung walk from carpark to the restaurant entrance. See when Mr Dimple is away on business trip again, we shall revisit that place to inhale the smell of dung in the air... ahhhh, lomantic...

    /forever snake fearer

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..we are really asking for it..

    ReplyDelete