Friday 23 August 2013

Bedrock

Have you ever passed by this restaurant whenever you walk from 313 to H&M and hoping that you will try it one day?

Yes, yes and yes for me. And my kind BFF brought me there!

Look so posh and romantic right?! It is not very expensive and the ambience is quite romantic..slightly quiet and dim inside. Everyone looks pretty :)

Because of the dim environment, my photos didn't do any justice, but I still want to share my experience there with you just in case you are keen to try out.


 A big piece of pig leg welcomed me...love it!




The ambience romantic right? When I walked in, I couldn't help myself from straightening my back and walking in gracefully, this place just looked high class...

The staff there were very helpful and approachable too..great service. Don't be shy to ask if you are not sure about the menu..

 On the house..I love to rub the garlic on my bread and sandwich the entire garlic clove!
 
If you do not like sour or dry wine, then this suits you. It's called Baby Doll on the menu at $15 per glass. Do try it!

Super fresh oysters..I swear that I've never had such fresh oysters before..forgot the price but if you love oysters, you should try it. It's juicy and smooth, with a hint of the sea...hmmmmmm..just a few drops of lemon and it can rock your mouth..


Bedrock smoked tomato soup ($14). They didn't joke about the tomato being smoked ok...kind of sour for me but my tomato-lover BFF liked it..

 
Bedrock mac n cheese ($18). This was highly recommended by the staff and it was really good! They included blue cheese and other cheeses into the soft macaroni..feels like home when I put a spoonful into my mouth..no other words can describe it other than "I'm home"...

Black Angus Striploin ($69)
Ok, I'm really sorry that this picture turned out to look like a black and white photo..my camera does not perform well under low light condition. Tried editing it the best I could without distorting it but failed. The steak was really big and thick, slightly dry but I guess it was because of the thickness. But hey, you will feel so sinful if it was greasy right?

Medium rare was really medium rare, nice....if you have eaten many steaks in your life, you should have the experience that it is either under or overcooked..but here they are professionals.

  
Finally, Creme Brulee! I like the caramelized skin but I tried to stop myself from finishing the cream with espresso kahlua because I was so full already! 

Warning: You can either starve yourself for 2 days to come here or you bring a friend along 'cause the portion served is quite large.

So here are my views:
Ambience 3.5/5
Food 3.5/5
Service 3.5/5
Price AffordableToilet Availability 2/5 (sharing with the restaurant next door)

Address:
96 Somerset Road, #01-05 Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, Singapore 238163 

Telephone:
6238 0054

Check out their website at http://www.bedrock.com.sg/index.html for nicer photos..

Until next time...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment