Thursday 17 January 2013

D.I.Y.

When I was a kid, I always bugged my mom to buy me colorful beads and fishing line so that I can make my own bracelets and necklaces and then wear them with pride..and then few years later when I got more advanced in handicraft, I made friendship bands with threads and my name on it..didn't have many friends but I still made and wore them to pretend that it was given by my friend..pathetic right?

Anyway, I grew up and can afford to take accessories making workshops held in CC. There were classes for beginners, intermediate and advance..I am able to make alot of simple earring, necklaces, bracelets and ring out of beads and wirings after attending beginner and intermediate..Like all d.i.y. fans, I have my own toolbox and collections..I normally buy the parts from People's Park Centre as they have wholesale as well as individually..very organized and have many varieties. Every time I have to drag myself out of the shops because I want to buy everything!

Share with you some of my d.i.y. accessories..
 Angel necklace. I bought the angel because I find her very sexy :p
 Bracelets and ring
 Earrings..easy and fast to make.
 
 Another necklace. Didn't have chance to wear it yet.
 Remember I've posted this earlier that I'm doing a project after reading a magazine? The magazine is "Beads style" and I'm always motivated by those pieces introduced in the magazine. You can look for the magazine in library.

So, I re-worked the piece with bigger and more expensive swarovski cystals..and it turns out sooooo beautiful..I can't stop admiring it..it took me 1.5hrs to complete the whole piece.




And then I decided to wear it to one of my BFFs' wedding lunch last Sunday to "burn in" the necklace! As requested by some of my friends, I'm uploading my photos with this necklace :) :) So bear with me..

It was a beautiful Sunday and I made my way to Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel...
Romance filled the air
And I caught the bride to take a picture with me! She's so busy, standing there as a model to take picture.
So how do I look with the necklace huh? The necklace nice right?

The BFFs since Poly times..We all have seen each other going through different stages of life..I hope we will continue to be like this until the end of time..Thank you Raymond for taking photos for us..he's our new recruit soon!

According to one of the BFFs who was the bridesmaid, the groom gave US dollars as gatecrash ang baos..who knows..they are actually tissues..duh..

So the next to wed are *drum*:
Jiayi and Raymond! *clap clap clap*

Hope all wedding couples have blissful marriage and have kids soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment